Thursday, June 28, 2012

Nice, Day 8

"Wallflowers" Oil on hardwood panel, 8" x 11"






Blazing hot again, no rain yet, but maybe some tonight.  I spent the day working, in the cooler areas, and then headed to the beach, just floating in the sea like a seal, but even that gets hot after a while, so I headed back to my apartment, and took an icy shower.  Felt good for about five minutes, and then I started to sweat, haha.

So, I'm lying still, just reclining and relaxing, and enjoying the little breezes that come through every now and then, and that feels very nice.  Tomorrow, I'm off to Antibes and Cannes, and then over the weekend, St. Paul-de-Vence, where Picasso and his crew used to hang out.  Should be interesting.

I did this painting of these two locals, very quick, and very quirky.  They seemed so incredibly French, sitting in their slacks and long sleeves, not a bead of sweat on their brow, and leathery, craggy complexions composed in a stance of complete serenity.  The backdrop of gardenias and other flowers on the wall was quite interesting as well, and I am thankful that they would sit and leisurely pose for me, as part of the local culture and flavor of the area. I'm calling it "Wallflowers."  Pun intended, hehe.  They were very sweet.

So, that is it for now.  I am supposed to meet up with some people later on, but I don't know if I will have the energy.  Maybe.  I have an hour to think it over, or I can just stay in here in my underwear, and relax in the cool of the breezes.  I think I like that idea better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...