Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Day 7 Athens and Piraeus




Day 7 in Athens and Piraeus was a more gentle pace.  I woke up later, had a more leisurely breakfast, and then started to explore the city.  Problem was it was May 1, and the workers were having a protest/celebration for May Day, so much of the center of the city was shut down.  Not to be put off, I explored the sea ports of Piraeus -- and that was very beautiful and interesting.  I also had a nice lunch (Greek salad) and a glass of lemon soda, and back out I went.  

After, I was feeling a little tired, so I decided to head back to my hotel and hit the rooftop pool.  I stayed up there a while, just relaxing, and listening to the Danish tourists drink beer and banter.  I went across the road a little ways after showering and got a gyro, enjoying the street musicians and the passerby people as I ate, and then headed in for an earlier night.  Delphi tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...